Peter is one of just a handful of accredited Green Raters based in the islands and has more than 5 years experience conducting field ratings on many LEED Homes here locally. As an accredited RESNET Home Energy Rater, Peter can also provide any required third-party verification and performance testing services desired under the Energy and Atmosphere (EA) and Indoor Environmental Quality (EQ) sections of the program to ensure your project achieves the rating level desired.
LEED for Homes is a national, voluntary certification system developed by national experts and experienced builders that promotes the design and construction of high performance green homes and encourages the adoption of sustainable practices by the home building industry. Every LEED BD+C: Homes and LEED BD+C: Multifamily Midrise Project requires a Green Rater to provide the in-field verification services. Green Raters play a critical part in Homes certification and are responsible for:
- Providing on-site verification services on a LEED for Homes registered project
- Assembling the Project Submittal Package and submitting it for certification review
- Verifying that the home is designed and built to the rigorous requirements of the LEED for Homes rating system through on-site verification
- Green Raters must be involved with the project from the design phase (prior to a preliminary rating) and throughout the construction process
- Project teams interested in participating in the LEED for Homes program must contact a LEED for Homes Green Rater.
All Green Raters work with Homes Provider Organizations to complete the verification process for each BD+C: Homes and BD+C: Multifamily Midrise project. Providers provide quality assurance oversight for each Green Rater. Providers are organizations authorized by GBCI based on demonstrated experience and expertise in residential green building and on-site verification.